Visit Barry Costa’s carpet repair workshop at The Experience NOW to sign up.
Prep for your Assessment with the Free* Hands-On Carpet Repair Workshop
Barry Costa of Costa Goup Education brings his ALL HANDS ON Carpet Repair Workshop LIVE to The Experience Trade Show in Atlanta.
*This $199 valued workshop is FREE with your registration to The Experience!
There will be TWO extended sessions each focused on fine-tuning your performance skills of six common repairs that you are being hired to perform by homeowners, business owners, and insurance company representatives.
Tools will be supplied for the assessments and, for your convenience, will also be available for purchase so that you may leave this workshop and start making money! (Part of each tool sale will be donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training Program. Your purchase will not only help YOU make money but will also help rid the world of cancer!)
Workshop Session ONE
Thursday, April 26
8:30am to 10:20am
· Low Level Loop Carpet (direct glue down) as found in many commercial establishments
· Minor delamination repairs that MANY in the insurance industry are VERY INTERESTED in due to “right of repair over replacement”.
1. Surface Grafting repairs (immovable stains, cigarette burn, pulled rows, etc.)
2. Permanent Section, Direct Glue Down (tears, burns, stains, replacing a poorly executed repair by another vendor)
3. Delamination Repair of a cut-pile Saxony. I will GUARANTEE that the delamination repair will be STRONGER than the original carpet. Someone could win a crisp $100 bill from Barry Costa! Be there to find out how!
Workshop Session TWO
Friday, April 27
10:35am to 12:15am
· Patterned Berber with a tufted-in pattern and color pattern installed Stretch-in (over carpet cushion) as found in many homes. Cut pile Saxony carpet installed Stretch-in over re-bond carpet cushion.
1. Surface Grafting repairs (immovable stain, cigarette burn, pulled rows, etc.) on the patterned Berber.
2. Surface Grafting repairs (immovable stain, cigarette burn, etc.) on the Saxony.
3. Permanent Section (Bonded Insert) with a Hot-Glue Gun and/or Kool Glide™ Seaming System with the Saxony carpet over cushion.
TCR- Tufted Carpet Repair
During the EXPERIENCE Trade Show Hours, you will have a chance to BECOME CERTIFIED in your skill performance by ICRA Performance Assessors!
TUFTED CARPET REPAIR PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT
· No tools needed.
· ACTUAL FEEDBACK! You will be certified at either an Entry Level, Capable Level, or Proficient Level and will receive a WRITTEN EVALUATION of your performance skills so that you know where you can improve and be the BEST in your field!
· Cost for the Performance Assessment is separate from your Experience registration fee.
$149 for ICRA members
$199 for non-members
REGISTER for this Event through Meetings and Events when you register for The Experience, or CLICK HERE to Register with ICRA directly.
ICRA has developed a brand new course called Building Moisture Inspection and Documentation (or BMI).
The water damage restoration industry has changed over the past few years. Restoration activities have become more complex and analytics are a routine part of every relationship with other materially interested parties. Third party programs have been established to monitor and to some extent control work flow and process. Auditors are being used to review submitted invoices with its accompanying data.
This course is designed to help the restorer be better prepared to perform their Inspection and Documentation so that they can clearly TELL the STORY.
Students will learn how to:
- establish rapport with customers
- apply S500 requirements and recommendations
- properly use inspection and monitoring equipment and tools
- more efficiently use equipment by more clearly understanding the equipment operation
- gather the required information in order to TELL the STORY
- report the information so that it more clearly explains the restoration process that was used
- better support your invoice through good documentation and communication,
- interpret their own data (internal audit)
- answer questions before there is a need to ask
- reduce risk, and
- get paid faster with less negotiation
View the full schedule on the Restoration Consultants website. Stay tuned for more course dates and locations in 2018.