ICRA is now offering certification based upon written exams (cognitive assessments) in addition to their Performance Assessments, as part of a new "Comprehensive Certification Program."
ICRA will recognize (grandfather in) your certifications
Use your certifications from other certifying organizations (ACAC, IICRC, RIA, etc.) towards your ICRA certification. ICRA will recognize any current certification, as well as any expired certification, provided that certification is no more than 5 years old, and is included in the list below.
ICRA will accept a copy of your certificate or ID card as a basis for issuing you an equivalent ICRA certification. No need to take another class or exam.
- CSDR - Structural Drying Remediator
- CMR - Microbial Remediator
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- BMT - Building Moisture Thermography
- CCMT - Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- CDS - Commercial Drying Specialist
- CRT - Color Repair Technician
- CTI - Ceramic Tile Inspector
- FCT - Floor Care (Hard Surface) Technician
- FSRT - Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician
- HCT - House Cleaning Technician
- HST - Health and Safety Technician
- ISSI - Intro to Substrate/Subfloor Inspection
- JSR - Journeyman Fire and Smoke Restorer
- JTC - Journeyman Textile
- JWR - Journeyman Water Restorer
- LCT - Leather Cleaning Technician
- MSI - Marble and Stone Inspector
- MSR - Master Fire and Smoke Restorer
- MTC - Master Textile Cleaner
- MWR - Master Water Restorer
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- RFI - Resilient Flooring Inspector
- RFMT - Resilient Floor Maintenance Technician
- RRT - Carpet Repair and Reinstallation Technician
- SCI - Senior Credentialed Carpet Inspector
- SMT - Stone, Masonry and Ceramic Tile Cleaning Technician
- UFT - Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician
- WFMT - Wood Floor Maintenance Technician
- WLFI - Wood Laminate Flooring Inspector
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- CMP - Certified Mold Professional
*Certifications from other certifying bodies, not listed above, will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
ICRA Schools and Exams
ICRA has registered a number of well known and respected schools that will be offering ICRA certification exams. These are schools and instructors that have been teaching in the industry for years.
Your Company can become an ICRA Registered Firm
The ICRA Registered Firm program offers many benefits including discounts on programs and membership. The program is recognized by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) as well as other related industry groups.